Luc Sterckx is President and Member of the Boards of international companies (PDM Group, Itineris, Blue Planet, Febeliec…).
- Chemical Engineer, University of Leuven (Belgium), 1975
- Ph. D Chemical Engineering, University of Leuven (Belgium), 1979
- Postgraduate in Business Administration, Institut Solvay, University of Brussels (Belgium) 1982
- Young Managers Program INSEAD, Fontainebleau (France) 1986
- AVIRA Program INSEAD, Fontainebleau (France) 1995
- International Directors’ Program INSEAD, Fontainebleau (France) 2012
- Fluency in Dutch (MT), English, French and German (speaking, reading and writing) – good notions of Italian (speaking and reading)
Board member – Board president: 2011 – present
Director and / or President of Boards – mandates actually include:
- Member of the Board of PDM Group (Jun.2011 – present)
- Member of the Board of Itineris (Sept. 2011 – present)
- President of the Board of Blue Planet Group (Apr. 2012 – present)
- President of the Board of Febeliec (Federation of Belgian Industrial Power & Gas Consumers) (Feb. 2012 – present)
- Member of the Board of VOKA (Employers Federation of Flanders) (Jan. 2012 – present)
- Member of BAN (Business Angels Network) (May 2011 – present) – Coach of starting companies
- Member of the Advisory Board of Waterland (May 2011 – present)
- Managing Director of MTJA bvba (May 2011 – present)
- CEO of SPE – Luminus (Brussels – B): 2005 – 2011
- CEO of Oleon (Ertvelde – B): 2001 – 2004
- Member of the Executive Board of PetroFina / Atofina: 1991 – 2000
- Vice President of Atofina Oleochemicals (Brussels – B): 1999 – 2000
- Managing Director of Fina Holding Deutschland (Frankfurt/Main – D ): 1995 – 1999
- (Senior) Vice President PetroFina (Brussels – B): 1991 – 1995 Vice president, with worldwide corporate responsibility for health, safety, environment protection and quality (HSEQ) – member of the Managing Board of the PetroFina group.
- Director of Companies: 1991 – some until present Memberships (past/present) of the Board of Directors of several companies &professional associations including VBO/FEB, VOKA, UWE, Indaver (past vice-chairman of the Board and chairman of the audit & strategic committees), Sioen (past member of the remuneration & audit committee), Oleon, PDM, ERM Gallia, MEC, several international PetroFina affiliates, Fedichem, Febeg, Concawe, Europia, OSR Ltd and CEFIC. Advisor to the boards of IPCOS and Leutrako. Consultant for DNV, Taelman, VITO and others.
- General Manager Indaver (Antwerp – B): 1986-1991
- Various positions at Exxon Chemicals (Meerhout & Zwijndrecht – B): 1979- 1986
- Assistant at University of Leuven (Leuven – B): 1975-1976 and 1977-1979
- Part-time professor at the KULeuven (Engineering Faculty, Department of Chemical Engineering) (Aug. 2003 – Sept. 2013).
- Member of both the INSEAD & Solvay Business School Alumni Associations, KVIV , Belgian Governance Institute (Guberna), General Council of VOKA, VLAST (Flemish Academic Foundation), VILv , US/FU (Belgian University Foundation)
- Former founding Board member of Fost Plus
- Former Chairman of the Energy Advisory board of VITO and former Chairman of the Environmental Council of the Conference Board Europe
- Former Advisor to the Belgian Exterior Trade Ministry.
- Military service as reserve officer 1976-1977 – present status honorary reserve captain-commander (Cdt – R).
- Member of Mars & Mercurius (Club uniting military & business leaders).
- Member of the Warande (1992 – now), Cercle Lorraine (2008 – now) and Cercle de Wallonie (2009 – 2011)
- Chairman of Directors’ Toolkit Workforce of Guberna & Mentor for starting Board Members (Guberna is the Belgian Directors’ Federation) (Sept. 2011– present)
- Member of the Energy Council of the Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and Arts (April 2012 – present)