Miguel Leon Garza is a Emeritus Professor of Operations of IPADE (http://www.ipade.mx/Pages/Inicio.aspx) with extensive experience in teaching and as a consultant for the automotive industry as well as consultant and advisor to several companies. Member since 1999 of The International Academy of Management, he is also Academician of the Mexican Academy of Engineering. His areas of expertise are: Auto industry, free zones, Value Chain, Strategic Innovation, New Business Models.
- Executive Officers Management Program (AD-2), Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresa (IPADE Business School).
- MBA, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM). – BS in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- President/Owner Management Program, Harvard Business School.
- Scholar fellow, Academia Mexicana de Ingeniería.
- Member of the Board of Directors of several companies.
- Advisor to the automotive industry.
- Consultant in corporate acquisitions.
- Consultant in Productivity and Competitive Strategy.
- President of Comité México-Perú.
- Vice President, Sección Empresarial para América Latina, CEMAI.
- Chief Executive Officer, Compañía Editorial Continental, S.A. de C.V (CECSA).
- Adviser to Librerías de Cristal (EDIAPSA).
- Production and Production Control Manager in the Assembly Plants, Ensamble y Motores de Chrysler de México, S.A.
- Engineer Analyst at Altos Hornos de México, S.A., Monclova, Coahuila.
- President, Asociación de Ingenieros Universitarios Mecánicos Electricistas, A.C. (AIUME), 2003-2005.
- Secretary to Academia Mexicana de Ingeniería, 1998-2000.
- Member of International Academy of Management, since 1999.
- Member of the Reporting Committee of the School of Engineering, UNAM, 1978-1979 and 1992-1993.
- President, Institute of Industrial Engineers, Region XIII (México), 1983-1985.
- Director, Industrial Engineering Division, School of Engineering, UNAM, 1971-1975.
- Life Member of Sociedad de Ex Alumnos de la Facultad de Ingeniería. – Professor, School of Engineering, UNAM, since 1968. Publications: – Vocación industrial de México. México, CECSA, 1987.
Areas of Interest
* Value chain * Strategic innovation * New business models * Automotive Industry